This Apple and Raisin Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe is probably the most classic of recipes that I’ve created for oatmeal, but it’s just so dang good!
You could change this Apple and Raisin Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe a bit by adding on different apples and dried fruits!
- ½ cup of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 small diced apple, honey crisp or golden delicious
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Top off with cinnamon, apples and raisins.