Man when it’s cold out all I can think of is eating hot soup, sitting by the fire and reading a book or watching a movie… Let’s be honest I have a 19 month old, I watch a movie!! My wife is obsessed with lemon and chicken soup so I whipped up this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup. With that slow cooker it was ridiculously easy and I could keep it warm all day so I could have countless bowls of it LOL! Super easy and tasty and I highly recommend hooking this one up.
Finish this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup off with a little fresh chervil!
Try this delicious and easy to make Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup. Keep the cooked rice separate so that it doesn't turn your soup mushy.
- 3 browned and cooked seasoned chicken breasts
- 3 peeled and sliced carrots
- 6 stalks of sliced celery
- 1 small diced large yellow onion
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 96 ounces of chicken stock
- juice of 4 lemons
- 6 cups of Cooked long grain rice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh chervil for garnish
- Place all ingredients but the last 4 in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner on low heat for 6 hours.
- Before serving squeeze in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cooked rice and fresh chervil.