Man when it’s cold out all I can think of is eating hot soup, sitting by the fire and reading a book or watching a movie… Let’s be honest I have a 19 month old, I watch a movie!! My wife is obsessed with lemon and chicken soup so I whipped up this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Rice Soup Recipe. With that slow cooker it was ridiculously easy and I could keep it warm all day so I could have countless bowls of it LOL! Super easy and tasty and I highly recommend hooking this one up. A few variations you could do with this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Rice Soup Recipe would be to add some fresh thyme and simple replace the rice with noodles. To take it even a step further you could add some ginger, miso and garlic to the broth and boom you have a tasty Asian style chicken noodle soup. The possibilities are endless and with the help of a slow cooker and a liner it’s literally mindless, what a beautiful thing. Enjoy this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Rice Soup Recipe.
Finish this Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup off with a little fresh chervil!
Try this delicious and easy to make Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe Recipe. Keep the cooked rice separate so that it doesn't turn your soup mushy.
- 3 browned and cooked seasoned chicken breasts
- 3 peeled and sliced carrots
- 6 stalks of sliced celery
- 1 small diced large yellow onion
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 96 ounces of chicken stock
- juice of 4 lemons
- 6 cups of Cooked long grain rice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh chervil for garnish
- Place all ingredients but the last 4 in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner on low heat for 6 hours.
- Before serving squeeze in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cooked rice and fresh chervil.