I was in a pizza frenzy the other day and with 9 dough balls, I had to do somethin! In addition to the Fig and Prosciutto Pizza I had a ton of vegetables, and a rotisserie chicken lying around, so I came up with this delicious full flavored Mediterranean Chicken Pizza Recipe. Hope you enjoy it!
Try this delicious full flavored Mediterranean Chicken Pizza Recipe that is sure to be a family favorite!
- 4 1/2 cups of chilled unbleached high-gluten, bread or all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1 3/4 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1/4 cup of olive oil + more for coating
- 1 3/4 cups of ice cold water
- cornmeal for dusting
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup of sliced roasted red bell pepper
- 9 sliced assorted olives (I used black, green and Kalamata)
- 1 tomato sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup of sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup os artichokes cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup of spinach leaves
- 10 to 12 roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of crumbeled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
For the Pizza Dough:
For the Pizza:
- Pizza Dough: Using the hook attachment in a kitchen aid mixer on low speed blend flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Next, slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined and then slowly drizzle in cold water.
- Once combined turn it to medium speed and mix for 5 to 7 minutes. Once combined add to a flour dusted surface and form small dough balls (should be 4 individual balls) and place them on a flour dusted pan lined with parchment paper. Next, our a little olive oil over the top of each dough ball, wrap the pan completely and place in the refrigerator over night. After resting, simply roll the dough out on a flour dusted surface using your hands and knuckles (Do not use a rolling pin as it will not work that well, you need to stretch the dough using your hands). NOTE: This recipe is only for 1 pizza - freeze the other 3 dough balls.
- When the dough is rolled out brush on olive oil. Next, evenly spread the mozzarella cheese followed up by evenly spreading out all of the vegetables and chicken, reserve the chopped herbs. Next, transfer to a pizza stone or a sheet pan dusted with corn meal on 500° for 8 to 12 minutes. NOTE: If using a stone place it in the oven during the preheat process.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top off with fresh herbs. Cut into slices and serve!