Be sure to try this easy to make Jambalaya Recipe Chef Billy Parisi style!
For the Creole Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper2 tablespoons kosher salt
For the Jambalaya:
- 1 cup of white long grain rice
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienne
- ¼ green bell pepper, julienne
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, julienne
- 2 stalks celery, julienne
- ½ sweet onion, julienne
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 eight ounce chicken breast
- 8 ounces of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 link of andouille sausage
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup whole peeled tomatoes in juice (canned)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- Using a rice cooker add in rice and water and press the appropriate cooking time.
- in a large saute pan on high heat add in 1 teaspoon olive oil and caramelize peppers, celery, garlic and onions.
- season the shrimp and chicken on all sides with the creole seasoning.
- In 3 separate small saute pans on high heat add in 1 teaspoon of olive oil to each pan and place the chicken in 1 pan, the shrimp in another and the sausage in the last pan, keeping them completely separate from one another.
- Once the chicken and sausage are are cooked through, cut them up and add them to the pan full of vegetables along with the sauteed shrimp.
- Next add chicken stock and tomatoes to the pan and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings with tabasco, creole seasoning blend, salt and pepper.
- Serve the jambalaya in a bowl with the rice, and garnish with green onions.