As you know, I’ve been on a bit of a Slow Cooker kick ever since I bought one a few months back. It is hands down the easiest cooking method for families that are on the go, and this Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes is the perfect dish for a crazy lifestyle! It’s all about the prep the night before, so whether I am cutting onions and garlic, or opening cans of vegetables to make this Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes do it the night before and simply put everything in the crock pot the next morning, so that when you get home dinner is served!
Simply serve the Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes with a side of lemons and…..
…. some freshly chopped oregano and basil. I hope you enjoy this amazing easy-to-make dish!
Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes
Try this delicious easy-to-make Crock Pot Chicken and Chickpea Stew with Tomatoes!
- 6 seasoned and browned chicken thighs
- 2 seasoned and browned split chicken breasts
- 1 small diced small yellow onion
- 6 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 small diced Serrano peppers
- 28 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes and juice
- two 28 ounce cans of strained and rinsed chickpeas
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fresh oregano and basil for garnish
- Place all ingredients but the salt and pepper, and herbs in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner on low heat for 6 hours.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh herbs.