Chicken Pasta Carbonara
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 slices of julienne prosciutto ham
- 2 ounces of julienne pancetta ham
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 pound of capellini pasta
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper and saute in a large saute pan on medium- high heat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through out.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan, slice and set aside. Add the sliced prosciutto and sliced pancetta into that same pan and return it to the burner on high heat.
- When the ham is crispy, add in the garlic to caramelize. At this time add your capellini pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente (about 6 to 8 minutes). When the garlic is brown, add back in the chicken to saute.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the pan of cooked chicken, ham and garlic and turn the burner down to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and whisk it into the pan on medium heat. Constantly whisk the pasta so the eggs do no scramble and a delicious thick sauce will form. Serve the pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley.